- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 c. maple syrup (Grade B or Amber preferred)
- 1/3 c. of raisins
- 1/4 c. currants (optional)
- 1/2 c. hazelnuts or almonds, chopped finely
- 1 tsp dark rum (Myers is good) or vanilla
In microwave or double boiler, melt chocolate. Add raisins and/or currants, rum or vanilla, and nuts.Combine well. Drop onto wax paper in rounded spoonfuls, using two spoons or a small ice cream or cookie scoop.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then store in a ziploc bag in a cool place.Tastes like those square chocolate "Chunky" candies in the foil wrappers. The chocolate recipe is ready. enjoy the candy !